Victoria University of Wellington Master’s Scholarship
The Victoria University of Wellington Master’s Scholarship welcomes applicants from around the globe to join the Masters by Thesis International Scholarship program. This scholarship aims to support motivated students who wish to pursue a full-time, research-focused Master’s degree for the academic year 2020-2021.
About Victoria University of Wellington
Victoria University of Wellington is a renowned global-civic university with a strong commitment to academic excellence. The institution offers a conducive learning environment to assist students in achieving their educational goals. With a tradition of fostering robust global links in teaching and research, the university offers programs of national significance and international quality. Participants of this scholarship program will have access to a wide range of courses and receive comprehensive support from experienced teachers and researchers.
The Victoria University of Wellington Master’s Scholarship provides a $15,000 tax-free stipend, along with tuition fees for one year. The grants office will directly pay the fees to the university. However, international students, excluding those from Australia, will be responsible for paying the difference between the full international student fee and the domestic fee.
The scholarship accepts applications from all countries.
Applicants must intend to pursue a full-time Master’s degree by thesis.
Candidates are typically expected to have completed a Bachelor's or Master's degree Part 1, demonstrating academic achievement equivalent to a First-Class Honours degree from a New Zealand university.
To be considered for the Victoria University of Wellington Master’s Scholarship, candidates must follow these steps:
- Take admission in a research Master’s degree program at the university.
- Submit an online application for the scholarship.
- Provide supporting documents, including academic transcripts, CV, certificates, and references or a personal statement.
- The University Research Scholarships Committee, a sub-committee of the University Research Committee, will award the financial aid positions solely based on academic merit.
The deadline for applications is November 1, 2020.
If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, please refer to the English language requirements page.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible for the Victoria University of Wellington Master’s Scholarship?
- The scholarship is open to applicants from all countries.
- Candidates must be enrolling in a full-time Master's degree program by thesis.
- Academic achievement equivalent to a First-Class Honours degree from a New Zealand university is typically expected.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- The scholarship offers a $15,000 tax-free stipend.
- Tuition fees for one year will be covered.
- International students (excluding Australians) will be responsible for the difference between the international and domestic fees.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
- First, apply for admission to a research Master's degree program at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Then, submit an online application for the scholarship.
- Provide supporting documents, such as academic transcripts, CVs, certificates, and references or a personal statement.
When is the application deadline?
- The deadline for applications is November 1, 2020.
- What are the language requirements for the scholarship?
If your education has not been conducted in English, you need to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Please refer to the English language requirements page for more information.