BEA Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad 2023
Are you a Nigerian aspiring to study abroad? We have good news for you! The Nigerian Federal Ministry of Education is currently accepting applications for the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Awards for Nigerians to study abroad. These prestigious scholarships are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with all the necessary information on how to apply for the BEA Awards, and the associated benefits, and address common questions regarding this program.
What are the BEA Awards?
The BEA Awards are scholarships provided by the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Division of the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB). These scholarships facilitate educational collaborations between the Federal Government of Nigeria and other countries that have signed bilateral education agreements with Nigeria. The main objective of the BEA Awards is to enable Nigerian students to pursue their studies abroad and develop their full potential, thereby contributing to the nation's progress.
Benefits of the BEA Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad, 2023
According to punchng.com, the federal government of Nigeria has allocated N73,169,907 for the award of scholarships to 3,700 students in Nigerian universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education in 2018. Additionally, 272 students will receive scholarships to study in foreign countries that have a Bilateral Education Agreement with Nigeria.
To be eligible for the BEA Awards, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Possess a minimum of five (5) distinctions (As & Bs) in relevant subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, in the Senior Secondary School Certificates (WAEC - May/June).
The certificates should not be more than two (2) years old. For African countries, the age limit is one year.
The age limit for applicants is between 18 and 20 years.
- Hold a First Class (1st Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division) for postgraduate degree courses.
- Previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post-qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed the N.Y.S.C. program.
- The age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C. discharge or exemption certificates are accepted.
- Applicants must provide evidence of readiness to be released by their employers.
Fields of Study
The BEA Awards offer scholarships for various fields of study at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Some of the fields include:
Undergraduate level: Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (limited), and more.
Postgraduate level (Masters's Degree and Ph.D.): All fields of study.
Note: Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language course in their chosen country, which will be the medium of instruction. Applicants for specific scholarships have additional requirements, such as a strong background in further mathematics for Japanese applicants or specific certificates for Iman Preachers and Quranic Professors for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria.
To apply for the BEA Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad, follow these steps:
- Visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu for Hungarian Scholarship applicants.
- Complete the application form online.
- Print the completed form and bring it, along with other required documents, to the interview venue.
- Undergraduate applicants should submit two sets of photocopies of educational certificates and testimonials, along with the originals for verification.
- Only one certificate, WAEC of May/June, is accepted for undergraduate applicants.
- Postgraduate applicants must submit academic transcripts and N.Y.S.C. discharge or exemption certificates.
- Additionally, candidates nominated by the Board should submit authenticated copies of academic certificates, the data page of their current international passport, and specified medical reports from government hospitals to the Federal Scholarship Board.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What nationalities are eligible for the BEA Awards scholarship?
The BEA Awards scholarship is open to Nigerian citizens or international students residing in Nigeria.
2. Where can I study with the BEA Awards?
The scholarship allows undergraduate studies in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, and Macedonia. Postgraduate studies are tenable in Russia (for those who obtained their first degrees from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, and more.
3. What fields of study are covered by the BEA Awards?
The BEA Awards cover a wide range of fields, including Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (limited), and all fields at the postgraduate level.
Don't miss this opportunity to fulfill your dream of studying abroad. Apply for the BEA Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad now! The application deadline is in January of each year.