International Undergraduate Student Bursary in Canada
The University of Manitoba is pleased to offer the International Undergraduate Student Bursary for the academic year 2020-2021. This bursary presents an excellent opportunity for students from around the world to enhance their career prospects. The program specifically aims to support highly motivated students with outstanding academic achievements and demonstrated financial need.
Why Choose the University of Manitoba?
As the largest university in Canada, the University of Manitoba consistently ranks among the top educational institutions in the country. With a comprehensive range of degree programs and 27 academic departments, the university provides students with diverse pathways for career advancement and professional development. Whether you're seeking a program aligned with your interests, strengths, or long-term career goals, the University of Manitoba offers a multitude of options.
Key Information about the Bursary
Benefits: Successful applicants will receive an annual award totaling up to $240,000. The amount will be distributed among eligible candidates based on their individual financial needs.
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Manitoba
- Department: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Nationality: Open to students of all nationalities
- Location: Canada
Eligibility Criteria for the International Undergraduate Student Bursary
To be eligible for this bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled in and complete at least 60 percent of a full course load per term.
- Must meet the minimum GPA requirements. Continuing students should have a minimum degree GPA of 2.0, while new students (coming from high school) must have a grade 12 average of 70% or higher.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply.
- How to Apply for the International Undergraduate Student Bursary in Canada
- Applying for this prestigious bursary is a straightforward process. Follow the steps below:\
- Take admission in an undergraduate program at the University of Manitoba. Once you are enrolled, you will be automatically considered for the bursary.
- Submit the required supporting documents, including academic transcripts, certificates, and a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Familiarize yourself with the admission requirements for your chosen program.
If your previous education was not conducted in the English language, you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements page for more information.
The International Undergraduate Student Bursary in Canada provided by the University of Manitoba is an excellent opportunity for highly motivated students from around the world to further their education and career aspirations. With its strong reputation and diverse range of degree programs, the University of Manitoba is committed to supporting student's academic and financial needs. By following the application procedure outlined above and ensuring eligibility criteria are met, prospective students can maximize their chances of receiving this valuable bursary. Don't miss out on this chance to take your career to the next level at the University of Manitoba. Apply today and unlock a world of possibilities!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Who is eligible for the International Undergraduate Student Bursary in Canada?
The bursary is open to students of all nationalities. However, international students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply.
2. What is the deadline for application submission?
The application deadline for the International Undergraduate Student Bursary is October 1, 2020.
3. How much is the award amount for successful applicants?
Each year, the University of Manitoba offers a total amount of up to $240,000, which will be divided among eligible candidates based on their individual financial needs.
4. Can I apply for the bursary if my previous education was not conducted in English?
Yes, you can apply. However, you will need to demonstrate an adequate level of English proficiency. Please review the English language requirements page for further details.
For more information and additional FAQs, please visit the official website of the University of Manitoba.