International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at the University of Melbourne
The School of Physics at the University of Melbourne is offering an International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Experimental Atomic Physics. This fellowship presents an exciting opportunity for students from all over the world to advance their careers in the field of ultracold atomic physics. The research project will focus on forefront experimental work.
About the University of Melbourne
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution known for its significant contributions to research, learning, teaching, and engagement. The university provides a wide range of undergraduate, honors, graduate, and research degrees, with over 9,700 undergraduate and 2,400 graduate students enrolled.
The International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at the University of Melbourne offers competitive salaries for successful applicants:
- Level A: $72,083 - $97,812 p.a. (Ph.D. entry-level - $91,125 p.a.)
- Level B: $102,967 - $122,268 p.a.
To be eligible for the International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A PhD (or close to completion of a PhD) in a relevant area of atomic, molecular, and optical physics, with experience in tunable laser technology.
- A demonstrated aptitude for research, with a strong publication record in relevant areas, aligned with their experience and opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to meet deadlines and efficiently complete projects.
- Proficiency in processing and analyzing experimental image data.
- Experience in research supervision.
- High level of computer literacy, including expertise in Python and Labview for creating control interfaces with laboratory data acquisition hardware.
- Applicants from outside the home country may need to meet specific English language or other language requirements to study at the university.
- Online applications are preferred. Visit the University of Melbourne Job Search page and find the relevant position by title or number.
- Submit copies of academic transcripts, degree certificates, and a curriculum vitae (CV) to support your application.
1. What is the focus of the International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship?
The fellowship focuses on experimental work in the field of ultracold atomic physics.\
2. Can students from any country apply for this fellowship?
Yes, the fellowship is open to applicants from all over the world.
3. What is the application deadline for the fellowship?
The application deadline for the International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is April 26, 2020.
4. What are the benefits of the fellowship?
Successful applicants will receive competitive salaries based on their experience and level.
5. Is there any specific experience required for applicants?
Applicants should have experience in tunable laser technology, experimental image data processing and analysis, and computer literacy with Python and Labview.